Joe’s Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 garlic head, unpeeled
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 16 medium)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- a pinch freshly ground white pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Cut top 1/4 inch off garlic head and wrap head in foil. Roast garlic 40 to 50 minutes, or until very soft, and
cool. Squeeze roasted garlic from head and reserve.
- In a 4-quart saucepan cover potatoes with water by 2 inches and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander (do not peel). Transfer potatoes while still hot to a large bowl and add butter.
- With an electric mixer on low speed mash slightly. Beat in sour cream, buttermilk, chives, and oil until combined well.
- Add Parmesan, reserved garlic, pepper, and salt to taste, beating until smooth.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0