Jerry’s Drive-In’s French Apple Pie
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 18-20 oz can apples packed in water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2/3 C. sugar
- 1/3 C. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4-5 thin pats of butter
- 1 T. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. heavy cream
- About 1/3 to 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 8 pecan halves
- Place one pie shell in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour apples and their juice into the shell. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon and distribute evenly over apples. Place butter pats randomly over apple filling.
- Top with second pie crust.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 45 minutes or till pie is golden.
- About 5-10 minutes before pie is done, melt 1 T. butter. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and heavy cream and sift in the powdered sugar until mixture reaches thickness of cream gravy.
- As soon as pie is removed from oven, slather with sugar icing
Share & Print
0 0 100 0