Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 Whole Chicken, cut-up
- 1 Lb. Ground Chuck
- 1 cup Romano cheese (divided)
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 4 eggs (divided)
- 3 (13 3/4 oz.) cans Chicken Broth
- 2 bunches fresh endive
- 1/2 Lb. Acini de Pepe macaroni
- Minced garlic, parsley, oregano, salt/pepper to taste
- Boil chicken until cooked. Cool and bone chicken. Set aside meat and broth.
- Mix ground beef, 1/2 cup Romano, bread crumbs, 2 eggs, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Shape into marble sized balls. Brown, drain and set aside.
- Clean and chop endive. Boil until limp. Drain.
- Bring reserved and canned broth to a boil.
- Mix 2 eggs and 1/2 cup Romano and pour into boiling broth. May curdle a little at first, just keep cooking – it will blend. Add chicken, meatballs, endive and 1/2 lb Acini de Pepe.
- Cook 30 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0