Italian-Style Lentil Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
- 3 MAGGI® Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- HEAT olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- STIR in water, lentils, tomato paste, wine, parsley, bouillon, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- LADLE soup into bowls; sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0