Italian Sausage Strudel
- 1/2 lb. Byerly’s Mild Italian Sausage, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/8 tsp. dried basil, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp. dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup fancy shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. water
- In large skillet, cook sausage, onion, peppers and garlic; drain. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Continue cooking until liquid evaporates; cool.
- On lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12×16″ rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Spread half of filling lengthwise down center 1/3 of each strip of pastry.
- Sprinkle half of each cheese over filling on each strip of pastry. Bring edges of pastry to center, overlapping slightly; pinch edges to seal.
- Fold ends under, pinching to seal. With serrated edge knife, cut partially through filling at 1″ intervals. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, if desired.
- Arrange seam-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet. In small bowl, combine egg and water.
- Brush top and sides of pastry with egg mixture. Bake in a preheated 400º oven until golden brown (25-30 minutes). Cut completely through pastry.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0