Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
- Butter or margarine
- Ground almonds to sprinkle in the bottom of the pan
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 lbs low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. each: orange and lemon rinds
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter a 10-inch springform pan, then dust lightly with flour, fine crumbs, or ground almonds.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- Without cleaning the beaters, beat together ricotta, sugar, flour, extracts, salt, rinds, and juice in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until set in the center. Cool completely before serving
Share & Print
0 0 100 0