Italian Rice Pie
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup cooked rice (not instant)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Beat eggs in very large bowl. Add sugar, mixing well. Stir in cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add heavy cream and stir. Fold in cooked rice and crushed pineapple.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch buttered pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for one hour. Check by inserting clean knife into center. If the pie is done, knife will come out clean. Top should be golden brown. Refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0