Italian Fish Stew
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can fresh-cut diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets
- 1 (7-ounce) box small shell macaroni
- About 45 minutes before serving:
- Heat oil in Dutch oven; cook onion, carrot, garlic and green pepper until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and remaining ingredients, except fish, to vegetables in pan. Heat to boiling; reduce to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut fish crosswise into large bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Add fish to saucepan. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- While fish simmers, boil water for shells in large saucepan.
- Add about 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon salt to water. Add pasta to water as soon as water boils. Cook about 7 – 8 minutes; drain.
- Ladle pasta into soup bowls; add generous ladle of savory fish stew.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0