Iroquois Corn Vegetarian Soup
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1/3 cups full-flavored vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1/3 cup sherry
- In a large 12-inch saucepan, place the mushrooms, consommé, cornmeal, cilantro, garlic, basil, onion, pepper and a pinch of salt. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Add lima beans and sherry, and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve piping hot.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0