In-a-hurry Pizza Crust
- 1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour (I prefer white whole wheat flour, not hard winter red variety
- 1 pkg. quick-rise dry yeast
- 2 t. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2/3 c. warm water (120-130 degrees F.)
- 1 1/2 t. vegetable oil
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add oil to warm water and stir into flour mixture. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover with the bowl or a cloth and let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape or roll dough onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and dusted with flour.
- Bake the crust until it begins to brown (10-15 minutes). For a crispier crust use a pizza pan that is perforated with little holes. Add your favorite combination of sauce and toppings and bake until cheese begins to melt and bubble (10-15 minutes).
Note: 3/4 c. whole wheat flour or all the flour may be substituted with unbleached flour.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0