Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 4 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, halved or quartered (not sliced)
- 2 tsp. dry dill
- 3 Tblsp. paprika
- 5 cups chicken broth, divided
- 5 Tblsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tblsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooked wide noodles, optional
- Melt 1/2 the butter in medium pan. Sauté onion 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, dill, paprika, salt to taste & 1 cup of chicken broth. Bring to a boil & reduce to a simmer, cover cook for 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining butter over low heat. Add flour, stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat, slowly stir in milk, stir until smooth. Return to low heat & stir until thickened.
- Stir white sauce with remaining chicken broth into mushroom mixture. Cover & simmer again for 30 minutes. Before serving, stir in lemon juice & sour cream, pepper to taste.
- If desired, fill bowls 1/3 full with cooked noodles. Fill bowls with soup.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0