Huanchinango A La Veracruzana
- 1-6 ounces Red Snapper fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 section red pepper, julienned (small)
- 1/4 section yellow pepper, julienned (small)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 large shrimp
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce non-pareil capers
- 1 ripe strawberry
- 1/2 ounce tequila (not used in class)
- Place saute pan onto cooking surface and turn dial to medium heat. Salt fish on both sides, brush with egg white and dredge in sesame seeds.
- When pan is hot, add oil and then add fish fillet to brown. Shake pan a little so fish does not stick. Turn over to brown on other side. Lower heat if oil is spattering. When the fish’s internal temperature is 140’F, it is done. Remove fish and place in warm oven.
- Pour off excess oil, add peppers and garlic. Saute until tender. Add shrimp and orange juice, and then add fish and tequila. Heat Thoroughly.
- Remove fish from pan, place at 6:00pm position on plate and pour sauce over it.
- Place salad mix at 12:00pm position. Spoon pineapple salsa over salad.
- Garnish sides of plate with triangular cut of flatbread. Garnish salsa with strawberry.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0