Hot Tamale Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14- to 16-oz.) can tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 12 purchased tamales, (3 ozs each)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until beef is brown, breaking up meat with fork.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon and cook 1 minute. Add broth and tomatoes with juice. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir corn and beans into soup. Simmer until corn is just heated through. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Heat tamales according to package instructions.
- Place 2 tamales into each of six bowls. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0