Honey Nut Cake With Tart Cherries
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or hazelnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup of Stakich Raw honey
- 1/2 cup of tart dried cherries
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 eggs, separated
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the first four ingredients. Beat together the honey, the oil and the egg yolks, and stir them into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Whip the egg whites to a soft peaks, fold them gently into the batter, and fold in the cherries.
- Turn the batter into a buttered and floured cake pan and bake until firm and brown (about 30 minutes).