Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package quick-rise yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup hot water (120º – 130º)
- Yellow cornmeal
- In large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup very hot water (120° to 130°) and oil until blended and dough comes away from side of bowl.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cookie sheet with cornmeal. Shape dough into 1, 2, or 4 balls (for 1 large rectangular, two 10-inch, or four 6-inch pizzas); place on large cookie sheet (for 4 balls, use 2 cookie sheets).
- Cover with plastic wrap; let rest 15 minutes.
- Shape dough: To make 1 large pizza, roll dough ball into 14″ by 10″ rectangle on cookie sheet; add topping.
- Bring edges of dough up; fold to make 1-inch rim. For two 10-inch pizzas, pat and stretch 1 ball into 10-inch round.
- For four 6-inch pizzas, pat and stretch 1 ball into 6-inch round. Add topping; make 1/2-inch rim. Repeat to make 3 more pizzas.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0