Home-Made Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Bite-sized fresh fruit, patted dry with paper towel
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract or other flavoring if desired
- 2-3 drops food coloring if desired
- Lots if ice
- 1 cup rock salt
- 1 quart Ziplock bag
- 1 gallon Ziplock bag
- duct tape
- Water in a container for rinsing salt off
- Put milk, cream, sugar, fresh fruit and vanilla (and other flavorings and food color if used) in the 1 quart bag.
- Squeeze out the air and close the bag. Seal it again with tape. Put that bag inside the gallon bag.
- Add ice and salt. Squeeze out air and seal. Seal with duct tape. Shake the bags. You may use the towel to protect your hands from the cold. Keep shaking until the mixture forms ice cream.
- Rinse the inside bag to get the salt off before you open it. Spoon out the ice cream and enjoy.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0