Herbed Pork Pate
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or other brandy
- Cut pork and bacon into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In large saucepan combine pork, bacon, water, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or till only about 1/4 cup liquid remains, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard bay leaf; let meat mixture cool 20 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor bowl or meat grinder; add cognac. Process till mixture is consistency of coarse cornmeal, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Pack mixture into a small crock.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 12 to 24 hours.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0