Hearty Tomato Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole plum tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 4 cups no-fat chicken broth
- 2 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high. Add theonion and garlic and cook 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the thyme, tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Addthe carrots, green beans and cannellini beans and simmer about 15minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0