Hearty Chicken Pie
- Pastry for two crusts
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c light cream
- 2 c cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can peas and carrots drained, or 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen peas and carrots,cooked and drained
- 1 (8 oz) can small whole onions drained
- Roll out 2/3 of the pastry 1/8″ thick. Fit into a 9″ pie pan. Trim, leaving 1″ edge. Roll out remaining pastry into rectangle, about 10×6″. Cut into 12 strips, 1/2″ wide.
- Melt butter, blend in flour, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook over low heat stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add broth and cream. Heat to boiling stirring constantly. Boil one minute. Add chicken, and vegetables.
- Pour into pastry lined pie pan. Place 7 strips across filling, arrange remaining strips crisscross to make a lattice top.
- Trim and turn edge of bottom crust over strips. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until browned.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0