Hawaiian Apple Pie
- Baked 9″ pastry shell
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 c sugar
- 7 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges (about 2-1/4 lbs)
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- unsweetened whipped cream
- chopped macadamia nuts or peanuts
- In large saucepan combine 1 1/4 c pineapple juice and sugar. Bring to boiling, add apples. Simmer, covered for 3-4 minutes or till apples are tender but not soft. With slotted spoon lift apples from juice, set aside to drain.
- Slowly blend remaining juice into cornstarch; add to hot pineapple mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, salt, and vanilla.
- Cool 30 minutes, without stirring.
- Pour 1/2 of the filling into the baked shell, spread to cover bottom.
- Arrange apple wedges on top.
- Spoon remaining filling over apples.
- Cover. Chill. Garnish pie with whipped cream and nuts.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0