Harvest Grape Pie
- 5-1/3 Cups Concord grapes
- 1-1/3 Cups sugar
- 1/4 C. flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 T, butter
- pastry for a double crust pie (9″)
- Remove and save skins from grapes by pinching grapes at end opposite the stem (pulp pops out). Put the pulp in a saucepan (do not add water). Bring to a rolling boil.
- While mixture is hot, rub through strainer or use a food mill to remove seeds.
- Mix strained pulp with reserved grape skins. Combine sugar and flour; mix lightly with grape mixture. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt. Pour into pastry lined pie pan. Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust or top with decorative pastry cut outs.
- If using a full top crust, cut slits and seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 425º for 35-45 minutes or till top crust is nicely browned and juice is thickened.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0