Hard Boiled Eggs with Potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1″ cube ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsps. plus ½ pt. water
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled
- 6 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 5 oz. onions, peeled & finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 4 tbsps. plain yoghurt
- 11 oz. tomatoes, peeled & finely chopped
- 1½ tsps. salt
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped coriander
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Put garlic, ginger and 2 tbsps. water in a liquidizer and blend until smooth.
- Cut the potatoes into ½ ” thick slices then into ½” wide chips. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the potatoes when hot then turn and fry until all sides are golden brown. The potatoes should not be cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon & set aside.
- Put the onions into the oil and stir and fry until medium brown. Add the garlic/ginger paste and fry for a minute. Add the cayenne, coriander and flour and stir for a further minute.
- Put in 1 tbsp. of yoghurt and stir for about 30 seconds or until it has been incorporated into the sauce. Add all the yoghurt 1 tbsp. at a time in this way.
- Add the tomatoes and stir and fry for 2 minutes then add half a pt. of water and the salt. Boil, cover pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the potatoes into the sauce and simmer. Cover and turn heat to low, then simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add garam masala and fresh coriander. Stir gently to mix.
- Halve the eggs crosswise and put into the frying pan with the cut sides up. Spoon some sauce over the eggs. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes then serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0