Ham And Vegetable Soup
- 2 pounds smoked ham shanks
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 C. thinly sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 qts. water
- 2 1/2 C. diced, unpeeled red potatoes
- 1 C. each-frozen corn, peas and cut green beans
- 1 can (11 1/2 oz) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Place ham shanks, carrots, celery, onion and water in a Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or till meat starts to fall off the bones. Add potatoes and vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove shanks, allow to cool.
- Remove meat from the bones and cut into bite size pieces, discard bones.
- Return meat to kettle. Stir in bean with bacon soup and pepper and heat through
Share & Print
0 0 100 0