- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/4 pounds medium fresh unpeeled shrimp
- 1 large shallot
- peeled and quartered
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well; rinse with cold water, and let cool. Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- With food processor on, drop shallot through food chute; process until finely chopped. Add shrimp to processor; pulse 10 times or until shrimp is finely chopped.
- Combine shrimp mixture and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Cover and chill. Yield: 3 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons).
Share & Print
0 0 100 0