Grits Fiesta Pie
- 1-1/2 Cups Water
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 Cup Quick-cooking grits
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup (2-oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lg Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 lb Ground beef
- 1 pkg. (1.75 oz) taco Seasoning mix
- 1 c (4 ozs) Monterey jack Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/3 c Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c Ripe black olive, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 lg Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and garlic to a boil; stir in the grits. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and cheddar cheese. Stir into the grits. Stir 1 egg into the mixture until well blended.
- Into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate, spoon mixture; press with the back of a spoon to form a pie shell.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and taco seasoning until meat browns; drain. Spread meat mixture into pie shell. Top with 3/4 Monterey jack cheese, tomato, ripe olives, and green bell pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 2 eggs and milk; pour over pie. Bake in a preheated, 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of Monterey jack cheese, and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0