Grilled Tuna Melt
- 2 slices fresh white bread
- 1 small can white or light tuna, packed in water
- fat free mayonnaise
- fresh lemon juice (from about 1/4 fresh lemon)
- 1 T finely diced sweet white onion
- 1 T finely diced fresh celery
- 1 t celery seed
- dash salt and pepper
- thin fresh tomato slices
- 1 slice American or Cheddar soy (or rice or almond) cheese
- With a fork, in a small bowl blend together the tuna, a spoonful or two of fat free mayonnaise, a squirt of fresh lemon juice, onion, celery, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Make a sandwich with the bread and tuna mixture, topped with the tomato slices and a slice of the soy cheese.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and spray lightly with cooking oil such as Pam. Grill sandwich in the skillet on one side until golden brown.
- While the first side is grilling, lightly spray the uncooked side of the sandwich with the cooking oil, then flip the sandwich over, and grill the other side until golden brown. Serve at once.
- Serve with pretzels or baked potato chips, and a small sliced radish or two.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0