Green Tomato Pie
- 4 cups green tomatoes
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves (seems like a lot to me)
- pastry for double crust 10″ pie
- Wash tomatoes but do not pare. Slice in thin rings 1/2 hour before using. After draining for 1/2 hour, pour away juice. Combine tomatoes, sugar and spices.
- Sprinkle bottome of pie crust with flour. Pour in tomatoe mixture. Sprinke again with flour. Cover with top crust. Seal edges.
- Bake at 425=B0 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 for approximately 30 minutes more
Share & Print
0 0 100 0