Green Bean & Feta Salad With Red Wine Vinaigrette
– 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
– 1/3 cup Wish-Bone® Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
– 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or mint (optional)
– 1 Tbsp. chopped shallot or onion
– 1/8 tsp. grated lemon peel
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
– 1 large head Boston lettuce (about 8 ounces), rinsed, patted dry and torn into bite-size pieces
– 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. In medium saucepan, cook green beans in boiling water 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
2. In medium bowl, toss green beans with 2 tablespoons Wish-Bone® Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing, cilantro, shallot, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
3. Just before serving, toss lettuce with remaining Dressing. On serving platter, arrange lettuce, then top with green bean mixture and sprinkle with feta.
*TIP: Make it a main dish salad…just Flash Marinate! Brush meat or poultry repeatedly during grilling or broiling with Wish-Bone® Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing for that marinated taste; then slice and add to salad.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes(s)
Cook Time: 10 Minutes(s)