Greek Style Stuffed Eggplant
- 4 medium-sized eggplants
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs ground lamb or lean beef
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 lb can of tomatoes (keep liquid)
- 1 cup shredded feta or cheese of choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the eggplants in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving the shells about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle the inside of the shells with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Finely chop the pulp. Sauté the pulp with the onion in oil for about 15 minutes or until soft. Stir frequently. Remove from the saucepan and set aside.
- Sauté the beef or lamb in the remaining oil until brown. Add thepulp mixture, parsley, mint, and tomatoes (with liquid).
- Place shells in baking dish; fill each with beef mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0