Greek Spinach Pie
- 3 boxes chopped spinach (thawed and drained well)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 lbs. domestic feta
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 box filo,(10 on top 10 on bottom)
- 1 stick butter, melted (I use spray butter)
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill, chopped or 1/4 cup dried
- Mix feta, cottage cheese, eggs and dill in a large bowl, set aside.
- Sauté onions in 2 tbls. butter (or 1/4 cup water).
- When cool, mix egg mixture with spinach mixture.
- Brush some butter on bottom of pan, (or non-stick spray).
- In a 9×13″ pan,, add 10 filo buttering between each sheet. Fill with spinach cheese mixture. Add another 10 filo buttering between the sheets.
- Cut into 2×2 inch pieces before cooking.
- Bake at 350° until browned, about 1 hour.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0