Granny’s Apple Pie
- 1 recipe two crust pastry
- 6 cups sliced apples
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into little cubes
- 8 – 10 one inch square caramels, cut into fourths
- white sugar
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugars, spices, flour, butter, and caramels. Stir to coat fruit evenly.
- Roll dough out, and cut out two crusts. Line a pie plate with one of the crusts. Spoon filling into the bottom crust, and cover with the top crust. Crimp the edges. Place the pie on a baking sheet covered with foil. Poke fork holes over top. Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 minutes. If you notice overbrowning after 30 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0