Gourmet Potato Soup With Croutons
- 3 C. diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 C. diced celery
- 1/2 C. diced onion
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 tsp. bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 2 C. milk
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1 T. flour
- 1 T. fresh minced chives
- 8 C. cubed, day old French bread (1 1/2 inch pieces)
- fat for deep frying
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T. fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large kettle, cook potatoes, celery, onion and bouillon in water until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Add milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and flour. Blend in 1/2 C. hot soup; return to kettle. Add chives and simmer just till thickened.
- Meanwhile for croutons, deep fry bread cubes in fat until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add croutons and toss to coat.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with croutons.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0