Gourmet Buttermilk Pumpkin Pie
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- Pie crust dough for single-crust 9-inch pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
STEP BY STEP:
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12 inch round. Carefully transfer to 9-inch pie pan. Press into pan.
- Trim and decoratively crimp edges. Let stand in refrigerator for 2 hours or over night. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake crust until just golden, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, egg yolk and sugar in large bowl until blended. Mix in flour, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- Stir in pumpkin and butter, then buttermilk. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until set (center will puff slightly) about 45 minutes. Cool completely.