Goats Cheese, Onion & Potato Bread
- 4oz firm goats cheese, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 * 6 oz medium red potato
- 6 oz self raising flour
- 1 level tsp salt
- pinch cayenne
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps milk
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- a little flour for dusting
- Peel the potato and grate (using the coarse side of a grater) into a big mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour, salt and cayenne holding the sieve up high.
- Add the spring onions, thyme and 2/3 of the cheese. With a palette knife blend everything together well.
- Beat the egg gently with the milk and mustard then pour the mixture into the bowl. Bring it to a looses rough dough using the palette knife.
- Transfer it onto a greased baking sheet and pat it gently into a 6″ round. Lightly press the rest of the cheese over the surface and dust with a little flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven 190C Gas 5 on the middle shelf for 40-45 mins until golden brown. Remove to a cooking tray and serve slightly warm.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0