German Sweet Chocolate Pie
- 1 4-oz pkg. German sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- 1-2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups coconut (I’ve made this pie with 1 cup of pecans also)
- Melt chocolate with butter over low heat, stir until blended. Remove from heat, gradually blend in milk.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually blend chocolate mixture.
- Pour into unbaked 10 inch pie shell.
- Mix coconut or pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes. This pie will puffed.
- Cool at least 4 hours before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0