German Potato Soup
- 4 medium (1 pound) peeled, cooked red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 4 cups milk
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut half of cooked potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Mash remaining potatoes with fork. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan combine onion, carrot and margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly, 30 seconds. Add chicken bouillon and milk. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until soup is thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add cubed potatoes, chopped eggs, parsley and seasonings. Continue cooking until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0