German Potato Ham Soup
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 c Butter
- 3 Medium leeks (white part only)
- 2 lb (about 6 medium) potatoes
- 1 Ham bone, any size
- 1/4 tsp. Dried thyme leaves
- 6 c Chicken or beef stock or water
- 1/2 pt Heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Brown onions to a light golden color in butter in a saucepan.
- Clean leeks well and slice. Peel potatoes and slice. Add leeks, potatoes, ham bone, thyme and stock or water to onion. Cover and simmer until potatoes are very soft.
- Remove ham bone, discard. Cool potato/leek mixture slightly. Puree in a food processor or blender and return to pot. Add cream and cook a few minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with croutons.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0