Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 to 10 large new potatoes, sliced thin
- 24 to 32 oz heavy whipping cream
- 8 to 16 oz half-and-half
- 3 to 6 cloves minced garlic, according to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp pepper
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced potatoes in large, heavy saucepan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pour cream and half-and-half over potatoes, adding more if necessary (potatoes should be nearly covered). Add garlic and seasonings.
- Over moderate heat, cook potatoes uncovered for 20 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken. Stir occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Pour hot potatoes into large, generously buttered baking dish. Drizzle butter over the top (I use a lot!). Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0