Garlic, Mushroom, Mozzarella Pizza
- pizza dough
- portabello mushroom
- smoked mozzarella pizza cheese
- balsamic vinaigrette
- fresh thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
- Roast your garlic, elephant garlic is best, remove the bulbs from the skin and make a paste. Add a little salt to taste.
- Stem the portabellos, scrape the gills from the underside with a spoon, toss them in a balsamic vinaigrette and then grill them (not too long). Remove them from the grill and allow them to cool.
- Grate the smoked mozzarella. Clean some fresh thyme.
- Slice the portabellos fairly thin, 1/8 inch.
- Smear the roasted garlic paste on the pizza dough, cover with the smoked mozzarella, lay the mushroom slices around in a pinwheel fashion, sprinkle with the fresh thyme, cook the pizza and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil just before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0