Gaeng Som Pla (Sour Soup)
- 1 1/2 pounds of fish fillets (approx)
- 4 cups of fish stock
- 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons krachai (lesser ginger), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of mixed red and green prik chi fa (jalapenos), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kapi (shrimp paste)
- 1/4 cup of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of tamarind juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of palm sugar (to taste)
- 2 cups of very coarsely chopped green vegetables
- If you are using fresh fish then dehead, detail, and gut your fish and fillet it to produce four fillets of fish.
- Heat the stock to simmering point, and add all the ingredients except the fish and return it to the boil. Add the fish and simmer until the fish is cooked through.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0