Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp water or unsweetened juice
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar or 1/8 tsp vitamin C crystals or 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
STEP BY STEP:
- Combine the honey, oil and water or juice in a medium saucepan, heat briefly to melt honey, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, carob, cream of tartar or vitamin C crystals and baking soda. Stir in the nuts. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes. Use within a few days.