- 2 (14 oz.) packages Wilton Dark, Light or White Candy Melts®
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
In heavy saucepan, heat* Candy Melts® in sweetened condensed milk on low stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla, if desired, then spread evenly into 8 or 10 inch square pan lined with wax paper. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store in airtight container, at room temperature.
Makes approximately 2 lbs.
* For microwave, heat Candy Melts and sweetened condensed milk in 2 qt. glass container on high power 2 1/2 -3 1/2 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth. (Note since microwaves vary in wattage and power output, cooking time may need to be adjusted.)