Time to make:
40-50 minutes baking
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 cup corn margarine
- 1/2 cup uncooked cream of rice hot cereal
- 1/4 cup walnuts, optional
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp GF vanilla
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup cholesterol free egg product
STEP BY STEP:
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water and margarine to a boil.
- Sprinkle in the cereal. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and let it sit for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the egg or egg product and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Stir in the cereal mixture until well blended. Stir in the nuts, if used.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a greased 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares. Cool it.