Fruited Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbls. cooking oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled, and quartered, (3 cups)
- 1 16-oz can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 1/2 C. chopped green pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 ears corn, cut crosswise into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 16-oz can peach slices
- In a dutch oven, brown meat 1/3rd at a time in oil. Drain off excess fat.
- Add sweet potatoes, undrained tomatoes, onion, green peppers, cinnamon, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 C. water. If desired, transfer to a 3 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 1 1/4 hours. Stir in corn, and zucchini; bake 45 minutes longer.
- Drain peaches, reserve liquid for another use. Add peach slices to stew; season to taste with additional salt, and pepper.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0