Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 12 – 14 cups chopped fruit
- 1/4 cup honey
- unsweetened juice or cider
STEP BY STEP:
- Place the fruit in a saucepan, add enough water, juice or cider to cover, add the honey, bake at 275 to 300 degrees F until fruit is mushy; do not allow to boil.
- Puree the fruit in a processor, taste and if necessary add more honey. Return to pot and bake again, stirring every 30 minutes, until very thick.
- Ladle into sterile canning jars and seal tightly, place in a large pot and add enough water to cover the lids by an inch.
- Boil for 30 minutes. Cool, label and store at room temperature.
A less allergenic alternative to jams and jellies, using whatever fruit you wish.