Fried Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 2-1/2 – 3 pound broiler fryer, cut up
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-oz. can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or basil, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- Brown chicken in hot oil in skillet. Remove chicken.
- Cook onions and garlic in oil until tender but not brown. Return chicken to skillet.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, celery seed and bay leaves. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or till tender; turn chicken pieces occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves, skim off any excess fat.
- Ladle sauce over chicken in dish.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0