Fried Banana with Ice Cream
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 each Egg beaten
- 1 each Pinch of salt
- 4 each Ripe bananas peeled halved
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Dark rum
STEP BY STEP:
- Mix the flour, water, baking powder, egg and salt and let sit for about 20 minutes. This is your batter.
- Dip the banana halves in the batter and deep fry in vegetable oil at 325 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until the batter is golden brown.
- Remove the bananas from the oil and allow to drain.
- Meanwhile mix the cream, brown sugar and butter together in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissoved. Add the rum and be sure the sauce doesn’t boil.
- Place some vanilla ice cream on a plate.
- Place a banana over the ice cream and pour a generous amount of rum sauce over the dessert.
- Serve while the banana is still hot.