Fresh Rhubarb Pie
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 1/2 cups finely cut rhubarb
- 1 small can pineapple chunks (undrained)
- 2 Tbsp minute tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sift together the flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Add cold water and blend dough mixture together with a pastry knife. Divide and roll out to 1/8″ thick on floured board.
- Mix together the rhubarb, pineapple, tapioca, sugar and salt. Pour into the crust lined pie dish. Cover with the top crust. Crimp edges well and cut slits in the top crust. Lightly sprinkle granulated sugar on the top.
- Bake in a 425º oven for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 350ª and bake 40 minutes longer, or until crust is brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0