Fresh Pear Pie
- 4-5 pears
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp each mace and ginger
- 1 1/2 T quick cooking tapioca
- 3 T fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 T butter
- Pastry for 2 crust 9″ pie, unbaked
- Slice peeled and cored pears into pasty, heaping pears a bit in the center of pie.
- Combine sugar, seasonings, and tapioca. Sprinkle over pears. Add juices. Dot with butter. Cover with top crust, vent, and flute rim.
- Bake 425° 40-50 minutes until pears are tender.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0