French Silk Chocolate Pie
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (from 15-oz. pkg.)
- 3-oz. unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 pasteurized eggs or 1 cup refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped, sweetened
- Chocolate curls, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 F. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 450 F. for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Melt chocolate in small saucepan over low heat; cool. In small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla; blend well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating at high speed for 2 minutes after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into cooled baked shell.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Store in refrigerator.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0